- About Soka Overview
- President's Message
- Mission & Values
- Academic Excellence
- A Proud Heritage
- Logo, Colors and Mascot
- Our Campus
- Meet Students, Alumni, and Faculty
- Visit Soka
- Driving Directions to SUA Campus
- Events and Conferences
- Job Opportunities
- Staff Directory
- Contact Us
See also: Frequently Asked Questions
- An independent, non-profit, public-benefit co-educational institution of higher education
- Graduate School opened in 1994
- Liberal Arts college opened in 2001
- Open to top students of every nationality and belief
- Outstanding faculty
- 9 to 1 student/faculty ratio
- Small seminar classes (average class size 12 for undergraduate program, 8 for graduate program)
- About half of SUA students have come from the US and half have come from over 40 other countries.
- Library with 225,000-volume capacity, reading rooms and rare books facility. We currently offer: Print Books: 80,850 volumes; Electronic Books: 47,700 titles;Print Periodicals: 300 titles;Electronic Periodicals:18,500 full-text titles;Databases: 70 (Most of them with full-text access);VHS/DVDs: 1,700 titles;Audio CDs: 430 titles
- Computer access in classrooms, library, residence halls and central outside gathering areas.
- Beautiful 103-acre campus in South Orange County, California is one mile from the Pacific Ocean and Laguna Beach's main beach (if you're a bird.) It's about 7 miles to drive to the beach.
- SUA is located in the city of Aliso Viejo and is 400 ft. above sea level.
- Campus surrounded by a 4000-acre wilderness park on 85% of its border.
- Laptop computer for each entering undergraduate student included in tuition.
- Semester of study abroad for undergraduates in the junior year included in tuition.
- Generous financial aid available. Net-Price Calculator
BA in Liberal Arts
- Concentrations in Environmental Studies, Humanities, International Studies and Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Comparative study of Eastern and Western perspectives across the liberal arts curriculum
- Unique Core Curriculum focusing on major issues of self, society and environment
- Learning Clusters researching community and world issues and exploring solutions
- Emphasis on non-native language and culture (Chinese, English, French, Japanese and Spanish offered currently)
- See undergraduate catalog for a list of current classes
MA Program in Educational Leadership and Societal Change
- Sound theoretical foundation
- Practical skills and experience
- Small class sizes and rigorous academic discipline
- Research internship
- Broad interdisciplinary knowledge
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
949 480 4000
Fax: 949 480 4001
email@example.com for BA Program
firstname.lastname@example.org for MA Program
email@example.com for general information