%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Anna Varvak, PhDAssociate Professor of Mathematics
- Ph.D. Mathematics, Brandeis University
- M.S. Mathematics, Brandeis University
- B.S. Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Massachusetts-Boston
- 2010-Present, Associate professor of mathematics, Soka University of America
- 2004-2010, Assistant professor of mathematics, Soka University of America
- Math education
- Applied statistics
Selected Papers, Publications & Lectures
- Calef, M. P., A. Varvak, A. D. McGuire, F. S. Chapin III, and K. B. Reinhold. "Recent changes in annual area burned in Interior Alaska: the impact of fire management." Earth Interactions 19, no. 5 (2015): 1-17.
- Varvak, Anna. "Encoding properties of Łukasiewics paths." In Proceedings of the 13th WSEAS international conference on Applied mathematics, pp. 135-143. World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS), 2008.
- Varvak, Anna. "Lattice path encodings in a combinatorial proof of a differential identity." Discrete Mathematics 308, no. 23 (2008): 5834-5840.
- Varvak, Anna. "Rook numbers and the normal ordering problem." Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A 112, no. 2 (2005): 292-307.
Courses Taught at SUA
- Math 101: Statistics
- Math 160: Liberal Arts math
- Math 170: Differential Calculus
- Math 171: Integral Calculus
- Core 100: Enduring Questions of Humanity