Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA/Butler)
Chilean Universities: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Universidad de Chile, Universidad Diego Portales and Universidad Autónoma de Chile
- Spring Semester (Late February - Mid July)
- Fall Semester (Late July - Mid December)
- GPA - 3.0
- 5 semesters of university-level Spanish
- Students may choose courses from as many as three Santiago universities: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Universidad de Chile, Universidad Diego Portales.
- All students take Advanced Spanish: Grammar, Composition, and Conversation, a course designed exclusively for IFSA-Butler students
- Each student is matched with a tutor who is trained to help with language and academic questions.
- Day trips to Isla Negra and Pomaire, Valparaíso / Viña del Mar, Old Santiago, the Grape Harvest Festival, the Andes Mountains, and the Human rights tour.
- Four-day trip to the South of Chile: includes visits with the Mapuche community, tours of historical immigrant towns and outdoor activities.
- Four-day trip to La Serena, a northern coastal city: includes a visit to an astronomical observatory and the beach, boating in Coquimbo and a tour of the Valle del Elqui, a neighboring port city (Semester 1).
- Students will live with a carefully selected host family. Three meals per day provided.
Butler - Santiago