- Semester 1 (Mid February - Mid July)
- Semester 2 (Mid July - Mid December)
- GPA - 3.0
- Study available at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso and Universidad de Valparaíso.
- All students take Advanced Written and Oral Spanish, a course designed exclusively for IFSA-Butler students.
- All university classes are taught in Spanish and are integrated with full degree-seeking students.
Oral and Written Spanish course is mandatory.
- 4-day trip to southern Chile: Includes visits to Mapuche communities near the Pacific Ocean and Andean mountains, as well as outdoor activities (semester 1)
- 4-day trip to La Serena: Includes visits to astronomical observatories, Gabriela Mistral's museum and a pisco factory in the Valle del Elqui (semester 2)
- Home stay with a Chilean family. Only one student per family for maximum cultural and language integration
- 3 meals per day and weekly laundry service provided.
- Heavy accent, fast Spanish.
Home stay is in the city of Vina del Mar: a safe and chic city 15 min. away from Valparaiso (close to the beach).
International Studies Abroad (ISA), Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaiso
- Semester 1 (Mid February - Late June)
- Semester 2 (M1d July - Late December)
- GPA - 2.5
- Students will be enrolled in the Spanish and Latin American Studies Program.
- This program is designed for students at all levels of Spanish proficiency. All students must take a Spanish language placement exam upon arrival in Valparaíso. The exam will indicate each student's language proficiency level, and will determine the Spanish courses in which the student is eligible to enroll.
Students take courses at the Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaíso, mostly with other international students.
- Excursions are designed to complement the academic component of the student's study abroad experience. Transportation and guided tours are included. During multi-day excursions, hotel accommodations and breakfast are also included. Additional optional excursions may be offered but are not included in the ISA program price.
Excursions to destinations such as Horcón and Zapallar, Isla Negra, Pucón (Semester and Year Only), Santiago, National Stadium (optional), Valle Nevado (optional).
- Students will live with a carefully selected host family.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included seven days a week, as well as laundry service once a week
ISA - Valparaíso