Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA), Butler University
- Spring Semester (Early January – Mid-May)
- Fall Semester (Mid-August – Mid-December)
- Cumulative GPA- 3.0
- SUA STAMP Test- Intermediate required
- Students must have completed 5 semesters of Spanish.
- Program offers two mandatory classes designed specifically for IFSA-Butler participants.
- Program allows students to enroll directly in classes at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP) with local students.
- All students on the PUCP program will work closely with a local non-governmental organization as a part of the Peruvian Social Reality course. Students complete a community based research project based on this experience.
- Students have the option to study a specialized academic concentration focusing on gender issues.
- Upon request, Butler organizes tutoring sessions for students throughout the semester or year.
- Peru has one of the richest biodiversities on earth, which includes, the Pacific coastline, the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The country is also home to many of UNESCO’s World Heritage sites.
- Trip to Machu Picchu, which begins in colonial Cusco and includes a tour of the Ollantaytambo ruins. Read a blog about this journey!
- Trip to Caral, an ancient city dating back to 3000 B.C. that was discovered in 1994 and is still under excavation
Trip to beautiful Pachácamac, pre-Incan ruins overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Homestay with a Peruvian family
- Includes two meals Monday through Saturday and one meal on Sundays.
- Meal allowance provided by SUA
Butler- Lima, Peru