%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="System.Web.UI.Page" %>
Clery Act Compliance
Please view the link below to view the current Campus Security and Safety Report for 2012-2014.
Curent Crime Statistics Report
Timely Warning Notifications:
- Emergency Notification System - SUA Alert
- Outdoor Alert Systems - Mega phones/Loud Speakers
- Mobile Alert System - Cell Phones/Radios
- E-Mail Alert System
Crime Prevention Programs:
- Personal Safety Awareness - reminds people to be more aware of their surroundings, people, escape routes, emergency call phone (Code Blue) locations, safe path of travel. Personal escorts by security with carts or on foot. Report any unusual events or suspicious people by calling (949) 480-4117 or 949-322-2134.
- Residential Life and Security Officers - instructs campus community members on basic safety protocol to follow in securing their personal items, locking Res Hall and Room doors. Do not to leave personal items unattended in classrooms, gymnasium, dining hall or outside areas.
- Video cameras inside buildings in public areas and outside coverage of parking lots, roadways and building entrances. (24 hour recording to monitor suspicious activity) Cameras are monitored at Main Gate, Security Command Post and the Director of Security's Office.
- Code Blue Phones located in all Campus Parking Lots for reporting emergencies.
- Students, Staff, Faculty and some Vendors are required to obtain a parking permit for their vehicles. All visitors are monitored at the gate. Name and license plate numbers are recorded prior to entry.
- Security Officers perform roving patrols throughout the campus 24 hours a day with emphasis on the populated areas at specific times of day.
- Card key system for all locks on campus - access is determined by the need of the individual to enter a specific area.
- Diamond System Emergency Lock Down procedures allows immediate lockdown of all exterior doors on campus when there is an emergency situation that posses an immediate danger or threat to the campus community.
Crime Prevention Tips: (Suggestions to remove the potential of a crime being committed)
- Keep your room door locked
- Do not leave valuables lying open in your room or car
- Keep serial numbers and brand names of all valuable property.
- Always keep your room locked when you are in it
- Make sure you know a person before admitting them into your room - be careful when you walk at night
- Stay on lighted walkways and use Security Escort Services if you need them
- Always report any suspicious people or circumstances.
- Report any incidents immediately - stalking, sexual assault, verbal or physical assault are very serious crimes and should be reported immediately. (Campus Security - 949-480-4100/4117 or 949-322-2134).
Automatic Electronic Defibrillators - Campus has AEDs at the Recreation Center (Gym), Main Gate, Security Control Center and Performing Arts Center. All security officers are AED/First Aid Certified.
Emergency Procedures for Fire/Earthquake/Medical/Active Shooter on Campus - Detail instructions are posted on the door in each Res Hall Room and on Soka.edu. (Specific details and training can be obtained from Res Hall Staff or the Director of Security/Safety/Transportation/Events).
Incident Log - Daily Security reports are provided each day to the Provost, Deans, VP and the Director of Security/Safety/Transportation/Events. (Incidents are posted in a log maintained by the Director of Security/Safety/Transportation/Events - This information is available upon request).
For further information concerning Campus Safety/Security Programs/Policies, contact the Director of Security/Safety/Transportation/Events at (949) 480-4235.