- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
Administrative Assistant/Data Processor
Date Posted: 07/25/2011
Soka University of America is seeking an Administrative Assistant/Data Processor to support the Admission and Financial Aid office. This is a full time one year term contract position. The Administrative Assistant/Data Processor is responsible for the daily work of the admission and financial aid processing operations as it relates to the accurate and timely input into PeopleSoft of all application data. He/She is also responsible for the physical processing and filing of applications and related documents. The Administrative Assistant/Data Processor is also responsible for contacting applicants and other agencies in order to bring about the completion of applicants’ files.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or some college preferred. High school graduation or equivalent required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft highly desired.
- Ability to utilize a complex admission and financial aid record keeping function.
- Ability to interact well with applicants and parents by phone, email and postal mail.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other staff members in the department.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, as well as a variety of outside organizations.
- Ability to receive and carry out directions.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases within PeopleSoft, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and other Microsoft applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Soka University of America also offers a competitive benefits package. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send a letter of interest along with resume, salary history and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to:Human Resources Administrative Assistant/Data Processor Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please see our website at www.soka.edu
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.