Date Posted: 03/07/2011
Soka University of America is seeking a Development Assistant. The Development Assistant reports directly to the Director of Philanthropy. The Development Assistant assists the Development Area with fundraising, special events and marketing. The Development Assistant will prepare promotional materials and publications such as the donor newsletter as well as perform data entry for the donor database and support the Manager of Domestic Development with donor recognition activities. Additionally the Development Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support to the Development Department. This person will be the liaison for alumni relations and act as Alumni representative on-campus.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years administrative experience required preferably in development. Some higher education experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both in person and by phone.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and other Microsoft applications as well as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. Knowledge of Auction Tracker is a plus.
- Experience working with Oracle Systems, to include PeopleSoft and more specifically, the Contributor Relations Module.
- Ability to independently write general correspondence and reports.
- Strong skills in proofreading and editing. Must be detail-orientated.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate filing system and records.
- Skills in research and information gathering.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Capacity to work well independently and with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and exercise diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities, projects and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- High ethical and professional standards
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position will remain open until filled. To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Development Assistant Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: email@example.com
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.