- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
FACULTY PROFILE"I have extremely high expectations of myself and of my students. I want them to actually excel and exceed me. I raise the bar very high." More
Professor of Sociology
Patron Services Manager
Date Posted: 02/15/2011
The Patron Services Manager shall be responsible for coordination, oversight and supervision for all front of house services for events held in the Soka Performing Arts Center; including but not limited to box office, usher, concession, artist merchandising and support staff. The position will be responsible for box office operations, serving as chief liaison and system administrator for the online ticketing software, providing oversight for and performing the daily activities required for the accurate processing, handling, distribution, reconciliation and documentation of all ticket sales, equipment, supplies, patron concerns and reports. The Patron Services Manager shall work with the Community Relations Office for all marketing and public relations activities, and with the Development Office for all fundraising activities. The patron services manager works with the General Manager to provide a high quality experience for all patrons from initial contact through end of performance and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the General Manager in the acquisition and implementation of the box office/patron management system.
- Acts as the box office system manager including ticket sales, configuration of events, maintaining patron database, and liaising with the system provider and other suppliers.
- Serves as primary interface between the general public (our patrons and ticket purchasers) and the Soka Performing Arts Center.
- Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises student employees and is the first-line customer service representative.
- Works with Community Relations and Development offices to plan and coordinate marketing and fund-raising efforts.
- Associates degree or higher in a related field. 4-year degree preferred in Arts Administration or Management. Background in customer service and accounting, bookkeeping, or other financial field will be considered.
- Minimum three years management experience in a performing arts high-volume box office.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in front of house supervision of ushers, concession and box office cashiers.
- Must have experience with on-line ticketing systems and patron management software.
- Must be able to assist with development of promotional and marketing materials
- Must be able to work evening performance shifts and weekends.
- Must be adaptable to change, able to develop and work through new procedures and policies.
- Must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Must possess strong supervisory, leadership, financial and accounting skills.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong computer experience using a variety of software programs including MS Office and Adobe suite of products.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position will remain open until filled. To apply send a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Patron Services Manager Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656-4105 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.