- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
FACULTY PROFILE"I have extremely high expectations of myself and of my students. I want them to actually excel and exceed me. I raise the bar very high." More
Professor of Sociology
Sports Information Officer
Date Posted: 10/29/2012
Soka University of America (SUA) seeks a Full-Time Sports Information Officer. This position will report directly to the Director of Athletics and must subscribe to the ‘SUA Principles Governing Athletics’ in addition to guidelines put forth by the NAIA. This individual will be responsible for athletes’ academic and athletic compliance, monitoring/updating of the athletic department’s website. Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Minimum of three years experience in student programming, student personnel/service, college or university administration, educational or recreational programming, sports information or sports journalism or a related field.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Knowledge of Sports Statistical Software including specialized in-game packages preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of volleyball, track, cross country, baseball, soccer and swimming, statistical rules and application necessary.
- Be familiar with NAIA rules and regulations.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and exercise diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities, projects and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Ability to be a self-starter, action oriented and a quick learner.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other staff members, administrators, faculty, and students.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, content management systems, and the willingness and ability to learn new software programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills, to include presentation skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. To apply send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Sports Information Office Soka University of America 1 University Drive Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 or E-mail: email@example.com
SokaUniversity of America is an equal opportunity employer.