- Office of the President
- Academic Affairs
- Finance and Administration
- Student Affairs
- Staff Directory
- Organization Chart
Part-Time Library Assistant
Soka University of America, Ikeda Library is seeking a Part-Time Library Assistant. This is a paraprofessional position under the supervision of the Library Director. The Assistant will perform functions supporting the day-to-day operations of the Library. Duties will include but will not be limited to; tasks related to interlibrary loan, reserve, acquisition, electronic resources, library website, circulation, reference, and outreach.
This position will include some weeknight and/or weekend hours.
The successful candidate must have knowledge and experience in how libraries and library systems function. In addition, the Library Assistant will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by meeting the public with tact, courtesy, and an attitude of "going the extra mile."
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity regarding diversity, cultural traditions, language barriers, and multicultural issues.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Strong evidence of a spirit of collegiality and a strong service orientation.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Knowledge of library practices, principles and materials; ability to perform reference work and effective patron interviews.
- Bachelor of Arts degree desirable, AA Degree, or equivalent combination of education and library experience required.
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. The deadline for applications is August 2, 2010.
Applications for this position should include a letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references.
Applications should be sent to:Library Assistant c/o Katherine M. King, PHR
Director of Human Resources
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA, 92656
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.