Assistant to the Office of Study Abroad and International Internships
Date Posted: 03/30/2012
Soka University of America (SUA) seeks a Part-Time Assistant to the Office of Study Abroad and International Internships. The Assistant to the Office of Study Abroad and International Internships is responsible for keeping study abroad program information, application materials and study abroad provider links up to date in the SUA website, the SUA portal and the office library. Maintains the office database and paper file systems. Creates and updates digital forms on the SUA portal, assists with study abroad meetings and other study abroad events. Assists the Director of the Office of Study Abroad and the Office of Study Abroad Assistant as needed.
Successful Candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Acquired experience of living abroad through work or participation in a study abroad program.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-native English speakers.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures. Must be detail-orientated.
- Ability to work accurately with a high level of efficiency.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and exercise diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities, projects and adhere to stringent deadlines.
- Ability to be a self-starter, action oriented and quick learner.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the other staff members, administrators, faculty, and students.
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, content management systems, and the willingness/ability to learn new software programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills, to include presentation skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Hourly rate will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position is for approximately 20 hours a week. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to:Human Resources Re: Assistant to the Office of Study Abroad and International Internships Soka University of America 1 University Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.