Part-Time Administrative Assistant to the Department of English Language Programs
Date Posted: 06/21/2013
Soka University of America (SUA) is seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant to support the SUA English Language Programs and Graduate School. The Part-time Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of the English Language Programs. She/he will work in a highly fluid environment and provide general office support for English Language Program students, staff and faculty, and may, from time to time, support Graduate School efforts as well. The Part-time Administrative Assistant should have excellent data entry and customer service skills and be a team player. He/she should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and a good problem solver. He/she is frequently involved in confidential and sensitive issues requiring the exercise of confidence, tact, patience and courtesy. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following: supporting administration, faculty, staff and students, preparing documents, answering phones, checking voicemail, taking messages, photocopying, archiving, faxing documents and maintaining inventories. Administrative duties include the use of various software programs to complete university forms, compose communications (letters, memos, notices), and compile reports. Other duties include: purchasing supplies & assisting students.
Candidates should have:
- High School diploma or equivalent and some college work completed.
- A minimum of one year front office/administrative work experience preferred.
- Some higher education experience preferred.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Capacity to work well independently and with a team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to read, write and effectively communicate information to supervisor.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both in person and by phone.
- High proficiency in personal computer systems utilizing databases, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Publisher, Adobe Acrobat and other applications.
- Understanding and sensitivity regarding diversity, cultural traditions, language barriers and multicultural issues.
- Ability to independently write general correspondence.
- Ability to compose grammatically correct and properly formatted business letters, memos, bulletins, reports, databases or other documents from oral and/or written instructions and the ability to proof read business letters written by others.
- Ability to type approximately 40 words per minute with a maximum of 5 errors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to maintain accurate filing system and records.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to conduct and apply basic mathematical operations, e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and ratios.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- High ethical and professional standards.
Hourly Rate $13.00 - $16.00 anst, resume, salary history and three professional references to:
hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. The target start date for this position is August 1, 2013. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply send letter of interest to:Human Resources Re: Receptionist/Office Assistant Position
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.