- Admission & Financial Aid
- Undergrad Admission & Aid
- Learn more
- Apply Now
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Request Undergraduate Admission Information
- International Student Services
- Student Accounts
- Your Campus Tour
- Undergraduate Profile
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Admission Events
- Meet Your Admission Counselor
- Meet the Staff
- Contact Us
Domestic Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Application Form: The Common Application, Soka Online Application, or Paper Application (PDF available online) - A completed form, signed and dated by the applicant.
- Application Fee- $45 for paper application and $30 for either online application. We also accept College Board and NACAC fee waivers.
- Official transcripts- Official high school/secondary or college level transcripts showing all coursework completed. General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or High School Equivalency (HSE) recipients must submit official score reports from the GED or HSE test and a copy of the GED or HSE certificate. Transcripts for any coursework completed outside of the US must be sent to IERF (www.ierf.org) for conversion to U.S. grade equivalents. Home Schooling: SUA accepts applications from home schooled students. In addition to receipt of all other admission requirements, applicants before enrolling must have earned a high school diploma or its equivalent by completing successfully a college preparatory curriculum associated with an institution, such as a college or unified school district, which is accredited by a regional, state or national agency. Mid-year reports are neither required nor accepted. Transcripts are still required for college coursework in-progress and/or completed while in high school.
- SAT or ACT Examination Scores- Official results of the SAT or ACT examination scores, and its associated writing test, must be sent directly to Soka University by the testing agency. Soka's SAT code is 4066. And Soka's ACT code is 0467. The name used for your SAT and/or ACT examinations must be your legal name that you use on your admission application. SUA does not require the SAT II-SAT Subject Test.
- Two Academic Recommendations- Two written academic recommendations from your principal, counselor and/or teacher. Please ask recommenders to use the Official Recommendation Form.
- Two Personal Essays - Two mandatory personal essays answering the questions put forth in the application.
- List of Extracurricular Activities - A list of extra curricular activities or talents demonstrating outside interests and leadership experience or potential.
Applications, documentation, and application fees are due by October 15th for Early Action and January 15th for Regular Admission.
Applications will be evaluated only when all required materials have been received. It is your responsibility to ensure that all of the required documents that you have requested of your school are submitted by your school on time. Soka University does not accept faxes, emails, or copies of official documents. Once all application materials have been received the file is considered complete and is immediately assigned for evaluation. Therefore, no additional materials will be accepted.
Soka University of America does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, age or citizenship.
Fall 2014 Admission Forms (Updated forms for the Fall of 2014 will be available in July 2013)
Paper Admission Application
Teacher/Instructor Recommendation Form
Counselor/Principal Recommendation Form