International Undergraduate Admission
- Application Form: The Common Application, Soka Online Application, or Paper Application (available August 2015) - A completed form, signed and dated by the applicant.
- Application Fee- $45 for paper application and $30 for either online application. We also accept College Board and NACAC fee waivers.
- Official transcripts orIERFDetailed Report - Official transcripts are required for any Secondary school(s), college(s) or university(s) if attended in the U.S. Any national examinations or coursework completed outside of the U.S. must be forwarded to the International Education Research Foundation (IERF) for conversion to U.S. grade equivalents. All transcripts submitted to IERF must document completion of the U.S. equivalent of the 11th grade. Do not send your transcripts or records directly to Soka University. Please request IERF to provide Soka University with a Detail Report of your completed education. Mid-year reports are neither required nor accepted. Transcripts and/or IERF reports are required for coursework in-progress and/or completed while in high school.
- SATorACTExamination Scores- Official results of the SAT or ACT examination scores, and its associated writing test, must be sent directly to Soka University by the testing agency. Soka's SAT code is 4066 and Soka's ACT code is 0467. The name used for your SAT and/or ACT examinations must be your legal name that you use on your admission application. SUA does not require the SAT II-SAT Subject Test.
- Two Academic Recommendations- Two written academic recommendations from your principal, counselor and/or teacher. If using Soka's Online Application or The Common Application, recommenders may submit their letter online. If you apply using Soka's Paper Application, please ask recommenders to use the Official Recommendation form.
- Two Personal Essays - Two mandatory personal essays answering the questions put forth in the application.
- List of Extracurricular Activities - A list of extra curricular activities or talents demonstrating outside interests and leadership experience or potential.
Applications, documentation, and application fees are due by November 1st for Early Action and January 15th for Regular Admission.
Applications will be evaluated only when all required materials have been received. It is your responsibility to ensure that all of the required documents that you have requested of your school are submitted by your school on time. Soka University does not accept faxes, emails, or copies of official documents. Once all application materials have been received the file is considered complete and is immediately assigned for evaluation. Therefore, no additional materials will be accepted.
Soka University of America does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, age or citizenship.
|Early Action Admission|
|Application Deadline:||November 1st|
|Decisions Announced:||December 1st|
|Application Deadline:||January 15th|
|Decisions Announced:||March 1st|
International Student Services
We provide our international students visa support and assistance in maintaining their legal status. Our office works with students of the SUA international community with all matters of special concern to them and serves as a referral source to other university offices and academic departments.