International Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Application Form: The Common Application, Soka Online Application or Paper Application (PDF available online) - A completed form, signed and dated by the applicant.
- Application Fee- $45 for paper application and $30 for either online application.
- Official transcripts or IERF Detailed Report - Official transcripts are required for any Secondary school(s), college(s) or university(s) if attended in the U.S. Any national examinations or coursework completed outside of the U.S. must be forwarded to the International Education Research Foundation (IERF) for conversion to U.S. grade equivalents. All transcripts submitted to IERF must document completion of the U.S. equivalent of the 11th grade. Do not send your transcripts or records directly to Soka University. Please request IERF to provide Soka University with a Detail Report of your completed education. Mid-year reports are neither required nor accepted. Transcripts and/or IERF reports are required for coursework in-progress and/or completed while in high school.
- SAT Examination Scores- Official results of the SAT with Essay examination scores must be sent directly to Soka University by the College Board. Soka's SAT code is 4066. It is important that you request that your scores be sent to us directly from the appropriate agency and not rely on your school or counselor to send them for you. The name used for your SAT and/or ACT examinations must be your legal name that you use on your admission application. SUA does not require the SAT II-SAT Subject Test.
- Two Academic Recommendations- Two written academic recommendations from your principal, counselor and/or teacher. Please ask recommenders to use the official Recommendation Form.
- Two Personal Essays - Two personal written essays-answering the questions put forth in the application.
- List of Extracurricular Activities - A list of extra curricular activities or talents demonstrating outside interests and leadership experience or potential.
Applications, documentation and application fees are due by October 15th for Early Action and January 15th for Regular Admission. Mid-year reports, faxes, scanned, emailed and late application materials will not be accepted. Once all application materials have been received the file is considered complete and is immediately assigned for evaluation. Therefore, no additional materials will be accepted.
Soka University of America does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, age or citizenship.
We do not accept faxed, scanned, emailed or late documents, so please plan accordingly.
Fall 2014 Admission Forms
Paper Admission Application
Teacher/Instructor Recommendation Form
Counselor/Principal Recommendation Form
International Certificate of Finance Form