Soka University’s 16th Annual International Festival
Entertainment Application Procedures
Date: May 6, 2017
Location: Soka University of America
Genres: Dance, Song, Acoustic Music, Martial Arts Demonstrations
Submission Accepted: January 1- March 1, 2017
- You may only submit one application per group.
- For U.S. residents only
- Performance groups are volunteers and are not compensated monetarily at this festival.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance due to large number of applications received.
- All performance applications will be reviewed and will be notified as to your status no later than March 31, 2017.
- Performers not accepted due to space limitations may be put on a waiting list in case of cancellations.
Please note: Applications submitted after March 1, 2017 will go on a waiting list in case of cancellations.
We will be featuring over 900 volunteer international musicians and dancers performing on four stages at the 16th Annual International Festival on May 6, 2017. Soka University thanks all of our talented volunteer performers for sharing their art and culture with the community.
Performance groups will be receiving one free parking admission for every two performers (please carpool!) and International Festival t-shirts as our thanks for sharing their talent and culture. The 2016 Entertainment Schedule is shown here as an example. The 2017 Entertainment Schedule will be posted in mid-April 2017.
The entertainment stages at the International Festival:
Peace Lake Stage (170 seats) is outdoor wood dance floor under a canopy. Stage Size: 16'x24'
Recreation Center Stage (365 seats) is indoors in the gymnasium. Stage Size: 40'x20'
Soka Performing Arts Center (1000 seats) is indoors. Stage Size: 21' x 40' in thrust configuration
Black Box Theatre (150 seats) is indoors in Maathai Hall. Stage is about 20' x 40'.