As of spring of 2015, the Performing Arts Center Volunteer Program is at maximum capacity. At this time, we have a full retinue of current volunteers and are unable to recruit additional persons for our program. We apologize to those who are interested, and ask that you kindly check back at this webpage from time to time. We will update this page again as soon as we are able to re-open our recruitment. In the meantime, we hope we will see you at one of our events sometime in the near future.
Thank you for your understanding, and our very best wishes to you.
Soka Performing Arts Center
Get Involved! Become a volunteer. The success of the Soka Performing Arts Center, and our connection to the community will depend on volunteers from the surrounding communities who help us create an outstanding experience for all of our patrons. Volunteers are being sought for and should have a genuine willingness to serve as:
- Ushers – welcome and seat audience members
- Parking Assistants – greet patrons as they arrive and help them navigate the Soka University campus; assist handicapped patrons with parking directions and elevator guidance
- Ambassadors to the Community – help spread the word within your individual communities about programs and activities at the Center
Volunteers should be:
- At least high-school age, friendly, outgoing and truly enjoy working with the public
- Able to work 3 to 4 hour shifts in the evenings and on weekends
- Willing to serve at a minimum of five events each year
- Willing to stay active for at least a year