CounselingStudent life is marked by many changes. For some students, coming to Soka may be the first time away from home. Other students may be leaving one academic community and adjusting to a "new home" at Soka. Still, others are beginning to ask themselves difficult questions about relationships, career, identity, and similar issues. We understand these dilemmas to be a normal part of development in adults.
Our Counselor, Anhthu Dang, offers assistance to help students "sort out" many issues such as:
- establishing and maintaining relationships
- coping with anxiety and depression
- adjusting to changing roles as a young adult
- family of origin issues
- dealing with losses
- meeting new academic demands
- adjusting to life in the U.S.
Students can make appointments with Anhthu via e-mail or phone.